Tuesday, August 16, 2011

B-Weezy & The Biebs


Today both Justice & Chuli wore their favorite shirts, which each earned the coveted spot as the "favorite shirt" because of their connection to their respective role-models/heros/favorite person.

For Justice that person is Brian "B-Weezy" Wilson.  Mr. Fear The Beard himself.  The Champion, All-Star closing pitcher for the SF Giants and all around Gangsta.  While watching an episode of The Franchise, Justice spied Mr. Wilson wearing this little number and was on a hunt to find one for herself: She even cut of the sleeves just like Brian Wilson did, although I think his arms might be just a tad bigger than hers..

For Chuli, her heart belongs entirely to Justin Bieber.  Yes, I know its not too original of her, as she is competing with about 10,0000 other little girls for the attention of the Biebs but for reasons all her own (since no one else in this family wants anything to do with him) she is completely head over heels in love.  Being the good little "Beliber" that she is, she of course has seen his movie "Never Say Never", both in the theaters and on her own personal copy of the DVD, too many times to count.  Due to the many (and I do mean many!) times she has watched the movie, when we waked into the store she immediately saw this checkered. collared, button up and remembered the 2.3 seconds where J.B. talks about the fact that his bodyguard "Kenny" (yes she remembers his name) has got him wearing short sleeved, collared, button up shirts.  So of course she had to buy this one: This shirt is now known as the "Justin Bieber Shirt" and is in permanent rotation

So, you can't get much different than Justin Bieber and Brian Wilson and about the only thing these guys have in common is that they inspire the fashion choices of 2 little girls in San Francisco. 
  The appeal of these 2 guys to my daughters is a reflection of my girls' own personalities and I will commit to nurturing those personalities by buying them the shirts that make them feel good because Mama likes that my girls have interests & loves that are uniquely their own.
And it doesn't hurt that they both look so freaking adorable!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome! I came over from Bicostally to say 'Hello' and introduce myself. I'm Casey from www.thestarnesfam.com. I'm raising 3 kiddos, too.....but in San Diego, not San Fran!

    Happy to meet you and am anxious to learn more about your sweet family. What cute girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Starnes Family's friend from college and found you through Claire's blog! Love that shirt your daughter has on in that first picture. My beagle has a dog tag just like it :) Welcome to blogging!!

    wwww.deestephensadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how different Justice and Chuli's heroes are. ;) You're such a good mama for supporting their individuality . . . even if that means seeking out Bieber merchandise! ;)

    We need to get you a Reaper Crew necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie! i have to say how EXCITED i was when claire shared your blog-- it's ADORABLE and i already know I'm going to be a huge fan! ;) your daughters are THE CUTEST!!! (i love their names-- you'll have to blog about how you guys came up with such original names... those are my fave! for instance someday soon i hope to have a baby girl and i want to name her Felix, after my grandfather... not a typical 'girl' name but it's my heart already)

    ahhh i can't get over justice cutting the sleeves to match and the collared shirt which i SO recognize thanks to my 7 and 4 year old nieces who also have Bieber Fever ha

    yes, continue to nurture their unique personalities and at the same time, continue to write about them here please?

    WELCOME TO BLOGGING!!! we're pleased to have you here ;) and if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere! Visiting via Bicoastally and any friend of Claire's is a friend of mine :)

    Your daughters are too cute! Loving Chuli's pose lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled Claire shared your blog - what an adorable blog you have!!! :) Your girls are SO freaking adorable!!! I'm with Chuli - I have Bieber fever too! :) My hero growing up was Shawn "the Heartbreak Kid" Michaels - still my favourite WWE Wrestler to this day - and I was lucky like your girls that my parents nurtured my love for my role models the way you do with your girls :) I'm excited to read more about your adventures! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. your chicas are adorable! no matter how different their style icons are :) i'm here through claire too! hope you have so much fun blogging. it's quite the little world!

    ReplyDelete