Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Just Spent $70 on a Justin Bieber Birthday Cake

Oh, yes I did.  My credit card has been charged for $70 worth of chocolate fudge, whipped cream Bieber Fever goodness.  I will admit that right after placing my order, I was hit by a huge sense of buyers remorse as I realized that I, a 32 year old woman just spent that much money on a damn birthday cake!  The feeling only got worse as it started to sink in that addition to my hard earned money and besides the fact that I have both a household and an organization to run, I had just spent 20 minutes of my very busy life searching the Internet for the perfect picture of little Mr. Bieber and working with the bakery to design the most Bieber-est cake possible.


But you know what?  It might seem that there are far more important and world-changing things I could have spend my 20 minutes and $70 on but the reality is that when March 5 rolls around each year, there is without-a-doubt, absolutely nothing more important than celebrating my Chuli girl!  This year, if it's a Justin Bieber Roller Disco that makes my girl happy, then she will have the most amazing Justin Bieber Roller Disco the world has ever seen.  In Mama's eyes, for all of the love, joy and laughter this girl has brought this world during her 6th year of life she deserves the world's biggest birthday cake with the real life Biebs jumping out of it.  And even though I cringe a little as I fill up my shopping basket with every item they can fit his dreamy little teenage face on to, I know that the honest truth is I will continue to be the Bierber-Empire's #1 supporter as long as it continues to put a smile on Chuli's face...let's just all say a silent prayer that this phase passes a little sooner than later because the new life-sized JB cardboard cut-out that now lives in my living room is not exactly my favorite piece of household decor...

2 comments:

  1. Please don't let my daughter see this. Or, I will be buying a $70 cake, too.

    She's 4. Lord help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS. Cracking up over here. I need to come over to see this Bieber cutout. Does he have a place at the dinner table? HA!

    ReplyDelete