Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holy Smokes, I Am The Mother Of A 12 Year Old!



Today my baby turned 12.  I have been walking around shell-shocked all day and I'm having a hard time connecting the strong, intelligent, beautiful young woman sitting before me today with the tiny, sweet little baby with those big blue eyes and squishy cheeks. 
She was my first baby, the one who made me a Mama, transformed us from individuals into a family and changed our lives forever and somewhere in the last 12 months my girl grew up.  Maybe it was the starting middle school, getting a stylish new haircut or her first cell phone.  Whatever it was, she is ending her 12th year of life as an independent, confident, responsible and caring young woman who is setting this world on fire.  Now that all the parties and celebrations have ended and everyone has gone home, I can reflect on how completely humbled I am to have given birth to such a special being and how immensely proud I am of who she is and what she means to this world.  We love you Justice, thank you for all you are, you make 12 years old look damn good!


1 comment:

  1. I've tried twice and can't get the Justice video to load :( :( but she was basically the prettiest baby ever. Happy birthday to your big girl!

    ReplyDelete